— Detective Joe Friday
- The World (Die Welt): The world is everything that is the case.
- The Case (Der Fall): What is the case, the fact, is the existence of atomic facts.
- The Picture (Das Bild): The logical picture of the facts is the thought.
- Thought (Gedanke): The thought is the significant proposition.
- Propositions (Der Satz): Propositions are truth-functions of elementary propositions.
- The Form (Die Form): The general form of truth-function is: [p-bar, xi-bar, N(xi-bar)].
- Silence (Schweigen): Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.
- ( ):
The Tractatus has seven propositions, most with sub-propositions and sub-sub-propositions, etc. I have added the eighth, which is the actual silence of all one cannot speak of. Quite a large section, for all its emptiness.
I also thought it would be nice to have an internet version where you could click and expand down through the sub-sentences. There are already many such versions available for your enjoyment.
I can’t decide whether I like the English or the German version better, so here are both.