— The Moody Blues
Timothy Leary came up with this scheme of eight circuits of consciousness and Robert Anton Wilson expanded and renamed most of them. It’s basically a “great-chain” of evolutionary brain circuitry, leading from lower to higher states of consciousness.
I’ve labeled my diagram with RAW’s names, but below I also list Leary’s names in parentheses.
- Oral Bio-survival (Vegetative-invertebrate)
- Anal Territorial (Emotional-locomotion)
- Semantic Time-binding (Laryngeal-manual Symbolic)
- Socio-sexual (Socio-sexual Domestication)
- Neurosomatic (Neurosomatic)
- Metaprogramming (Neuro-electric)
- Morphogenetic (Neurogenetic)
- Non-local Quantum (Neuro-atomic Metaphysiological)
Pretty wild stuff!